Easily create and store secure passwords
It’s simple. You remember your vault password. LastPass remembers the rest.
Personal and business plans. No credit card required.
of people use the same or similar passwords for multiple accounts*
of people would not know whether their information was compromised online*
time needed to hack a complex 8-character password*
Password management made easy
Feel good about forgetting your passwords
Once you save a password in LastPass, you’ll always have it when you need it. All you need to remember is your master password, which will grant you access to your LastPass password vault.Learn more about Password management
Securely autofill forms, logins, etc.
You shouldn’t have to waste time completing logins or filling in digital application forms. LastPass will autofill your credentials and information for you, all while securely storing your sensitive information in your encrypted vault.Learn more about Autofill
Synchronize passwords across devices
With a LastPass subscription, you’re not limited to one device; your passwords go wherever you go. Once you install the LastPass browser extension and app, your passwords are available on any device – smartphone, computer, tablet.Learn More about Device Sync
Protect your digital life with built-in security
Your data is kept secret, even from us. Your vault is encrypted and decrypted at the device level. Only you can unlock it with your master password.Learn About Security
Be aware of digital threats
Data breaches are becoming more common. Our dark web monitoring immediately notifies you if your data has been compromised online.Dark Web Monitoring
Nurture your habits
LastPass helps you find and update weak and reused passwords with strong, unique ones created with the LastPass password generator.Security Dashboard
Enable additional authentication, like a one-time passcode or fingerprint scan, to make it nearly impossible for hackers to access your accounts.Multifactor Options
Trusted by millions, recognized by experts
People secure passwords with LastPass
Chrome Web Store and App Store rating
Based on 75,000 reviews
G2 Best Software Awards for Best Security Product
Based on 931 reviews
Best for Ease of Use Password Manager
Businesses choose LastPass
“I like that LastPass is easy to use and intuitive. It integrates well with all websites and allows me to keep secure encryption for all my personal and work-related accounts. It allows me to organize folders, share with others, and only memorizing one master password for all of those while keeping encryption secure is a relief.”
Kenny KolijnIndependant business coach
“I use LastPass both corporately and personally. It allows me to securely store and share passwords with my family and co-workers in separate environments and happily generates random secure passwords for me, which prevents me from re-using the same one.”
Erik EckertSystem administrator, MPE Engineering Ltd.
“If you deal with other people's information, as my company does, LastPass is a must. We use it to organize sensitive client credentials, which has never failed us. Its level of security offers us flexibility if we have a vendor or team member that needs access but don't want to share the actual password.”
Sarah PerrySenior Marketing Director, Small business
Use LastPass to meet your password needs
- Autofill and access your passwords from anywhere, from any device.
- Simply, securely create new online accounts by automatically generating and saving unique passwords to your vault.
- Always secure your account by adding a second layer of authentication, like fingerprint scans.
- Proactively manage and secure your identity by staying ahead of data breaches with included dark web monitoring.
- Get 6 Premium accounts to share between yourself and 5 family members, friends, or roommates.
- Securely share passwords between each other, from streaming credentials to logins for utilities to your home’s Wi-Fi.
- Get alerts when any user’s information is compromised so you can update passwords immediately.
- Prepare for the future. Make your account safely available to another LastPass user with emergency access.
- Generate and save unique credentials for every work-related account.
- Instantly add and remove team members.
- Securely share passwords between team members, vendors, and freelancers.
- Allow employees to autofill saved and shared passwords from any work device.
- React to data breaches and assess team’s password practices in real time.
- Give every user their own encrypted vault for accounts, passwords, notes, and more.
- Combine password management with built-in SSO and MFA for complete identity protection.
- Streamline deployment while ensuring security with 100+ customizable access and authentication policies.
- Manage users and security policies from a unified, visible admin dashboard.
- Simply improve password practices throughout your entire organization.
- Leverage your user directory with seamless provisioning and federated login.
- Save up to 25% off with a flat-fee site license.
- Deploy LastPass with help from your Customer Success Manager.
Explore LastPass for Enterprises
LastPass vs. browser password managers
- With LastPass, there’s no limitation to what devices and browsers you use. It seamlessly works across everything, no matter the operating system.
- With LastPass, you use a master password to encrypt and access your password vault. Even if your device is hacked, your vault remains protected.
- Go passwordless to access your vault without having to type in your master password.
Frequently asked questions
What is LastPass?
LastPass is a password manager tool that allows users to store, secure, and autofill their passwords. LastPass users get a password vault, which is the encrypted part of the LastPass password manager where a user’s passwords, secure notes, and sensitive information are safely stored.
How does the dark web monitoring work if LastPass can’t see my data?
LastPass operates on a zero-knowledge security model, where all encryption and decryption occurs locally on the user's device, not on our servers. Your sensitive vault data is only transferred to LastPass once encrypted and never travels over the internet unencrypted. The same is true for our partnership with Enzoic, our data breach monitoring partner.
Your passwords are never transferred or visible to anyone (because they remain encrypted) – only a hashed version of your email addresses for your vault item entries is provided to Enzoic to monitor it against their database of compromised email addresses. We only share your hashed email addresses with Enzoic, and even then, they are only used to monitor for security breaches.
What's the difference between Free and Premium plans?
With LastPass Premium, you get all the core features of LastPass – unlimited password storage in your encrypted vault, save and autofill, multifactor authentication – and much more. Premium plan deepens that experience with sync across all devices, one-to-many sharing, 1 GB encrypted file storage, data breach monitoring, emergency access, and priority tech support.
How can I transition from internet browser password managers to LastPass?
Once you’ve downloaded the LastPass extension, you can import saved browser passwords by clicking the LastPass icon in your browser toolbar, selecting Account Options, navigating to Advanced > Import, and choosing the source whose data you’d like to download. You can also complete this process from within your LastPass vault by selecting Advanced Options and Import.
What if I forget my master password?
If you forget your master password, all is not lost. There are steps you can take today to make it much easier for you to recover your account. From your side you can also take an advantage of passwordless access to your vault, using your biometric instead.
What sources did LastPass use on this page?
People’s privacy always comes first. That’s why LastPass does not collect any personal data, including data stored in password vaults. LastPass and our partners regularly conduct surveys among cybersecurity experts, business customers, and consumers to gather information on password management habits.