Learn how to use a password manager
Start using our free password manager with these steps:
- Get the LastPass browser extension.
- After you download LastPass, you’ll find the LastPass button in your browser toolbar. Click the button and create an account.
- Make a strong master password. Create your account with one long, secure master password and let LastPass do the rest. A memorable passphrase is the easiest way to create a strong master password. It could be a quote from a movie or lyrics from a song with your favorite color at the end to make it even more secure.
- Add sites to your vault. As you log into your online accounts, LastPass will ask if you want to save them to your vault. Simply click add and they will be saved for next time.
- Take the security challenge to see how strong your passwords are. If you have any weak or reused passwords, use the LastPass password generator to create new ones and update those accounts.
- Download the mobile app. A password manager is only useful if you can access it wherever and whenever you need it. Everything you save in LastPass is synced automatically so you can access them on any device.
- Add more security to your vault by two-factor authentication. A strong password combined with a two-step verification protocol provides the most protection.