The Last Password You Have to Remember
A simple tool with sophisticated features so you can focus on what matters.
What Is Toopher?
Toopher is an elegant, user-centered, “invisible” multifactor authentication option. By enabling Toopher with your LastPass account, you significantly reduce the risk of fraud and theft to your LastPass account and to your other online accounts — all without having to lift a finger in safe locations like your home or office.
Toopher has set out to create a two-factor authentication system that offers state of the art security without frequent user intervention. You can download Toopher in the App Store or Google Play and pair it to your LastPass account in your security settings. The first time you log in to LastPass, you will be pushed the details of your login. Here you can “automate when near here” to that next time you log in from that location, your phone will respond for you, and grant you automatic access. It’s a strong, fast, invisible security experience. If someone is trying to login from a different device or location than your own, you will be pushed the details, where you can “deny” straight from your phone, instantly defeating online fraud.
LastPass recommends Toopher because of its ease of use, because of the significant security benefits, and because it is free for LastPass users.
Interested in using Toopher with LastPass Enterprise? Ask about pricing.
Getting Started With Toopher?
- Download the Toopher App to your smartphone from the app store on your device.
- Login to your LastPass Vault on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Open “Settings” in the Vault.
- Select the “Multifactor Options” tab in the Settings dialog.
- Click the “Toopher” radio button at the top of the page.
- Once you have selected Toopher, you will be taken to a different screen. On the new screen you will switch “Toopher Authentication” from “Disabled” to “Enabled”, at this time you will be prompted to enter a 2-word “pairing phrase”. This paring phrase will be generated by the Toopher app on your mobile device.
- Open the Toopher App on your mobile device and select the “+” button in the top-right of the app screen. This will generate a 2-word pairing phrase. Back on the computer browser, enter this 2-word pairing phrase into the browser field and then select enter.
- You will receive a push notification on your phone that will prompt you to select allow or deny. Select allow, pairing is complete and you have now enabled Toopher with LastPass.