Digital and Business transformation is having a major impact on the role of the security team. Cloud, on-premise and hybrid services are now the norm resulting in the traditionally secure perimeter disappearing. This has given rise to a new challenge; managing the identity, access and authentication of anyone who is adding value to the business. This is now the new perimeter of security; the front line of your organisation.
We sat down with Mark Child, Research Manager, European Security, IDC to hear about the evolving identity landscape and what this means for the modern security workforce. We covered a number of areas including:
- What an effective identity solution looks like
- Are we witnessing the demise of the password?
- Key business drivers behind identity solution implementation
- Business benefits of IDT (Identity & Digital Trust) deployment or upgrade
- Balancing security and end user experience